Multicriteria approach for process modelling in strategic environmental management planning
September 16, 2013 Editor 0
The objective of this paper is to propose a multicriteria methodological approach based on the Analytic Network Process methodology (ANP) in order to examine the scope and feasibility of a process modelling integrated with public participation for environmental assessment. In fact, environmental challenges decisions are often characterized by complexity, irreversibility and uncertainty. Much of the complexity arises from the multiple-use nature of goods and services, difficulty in monetary valuation of ecological services and the involvement of numerous stakeholders. From this point of view multicriteria techniques and process modelling are considered as a promising framework to take into account conflictual, multidimensional, incommensurable and uncertain effects of decisions explicitly. In particular the integration of ANP with tools for public participation and process modelling pose certain methodological challenges, but provide an innovative approach to designing the scope of the environmental assessment and defining and assessing alternatives.
Go to Source
- Product-process connect in a regenerative innovation decision framework relating feasibility, impact and complexity
- Sustainable Innovation 2013
- Software product innovation in agile usability teams: an analytical framework of social capital, network governance, and usability knowledge management
- Emerging Requirements for Technology Management: A Sector-based Scenario Planning Approach
- Social capital and innovation in the services sector
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability in Natural Resource-Intensive Economies.
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018