Learning, knowledge and dynamic capabilities: theoretical implications for competitiveness and innovation in the 21st century
September 6, 2013 Editor 0
The aim of this paper is to support dynamic capabilities as a strategic tool for company management. We will begin by illustrating the evolution that can be discerned in the process of developing competitive advantage as a result of the organisation’s internal analysis. In a first stage, interest was centred on understanding the nature of the firm’s assets, and knowing which conditions would make it possible to turn them into lasting and sustainable sources of competitive advantage. During a second phase, interest was shifted towards the dynamic processes of generation, development and accumulation of assets. In this sense, dynamic capabilities are those which allow managers to activate and redirect the complex framework of influential economic and organisational factors, thus helping control the company’s evolution and enhancing the organisation’s wealth of opportunity. Dynamic capabilities are therefore key factors in optimising innovation and the overall strategic course of the company’s future.
Go to Source
- Innovators Aren’t Born – They’re Made
- Knowledge management and measurement: a critical review
- Ambidexterity and dynamic capabilities in design management: an anatomy
- How to produce defensible competitive advantage?
- Organizational unlearning and organizational relearning: a dynamic process of knowledge management
- Translating Unseen Needs into Innovations
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017