Bask in the Technology Spotlight at the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference
August 28, 2013 Editor 0
Youth today have unprecedented access to information with near ubiquitous Internet access powered by radical increases in mobile technology and new low-cost services with amazing data analytics. There is palatable excitement that youth will create their own solutions, using technology to enhance their economic opportunities.
Yet our understanding of technology’s role in supporting youth economic opportunities is limited and lacks concerted progress. Without a common vision and collaborative effort, the 21st Century promise of youth inclusion will go unfulfilled and technology may widen digital inequalities.
That’s why I invite you to join me in the Technology Spotlight at the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference in Washington DC, on September 10-12, 2013.
We will have CEOs, founders, and leaders from some of the most innovative technology companies, including Facebook, Indiegogo, Microsoft, Samasource, Digital Divide Data, bKash, and Kiva, joining us in discussing the trends, resources and tools, innovations, and best practices used to leverage technology for increased opportunities for young people worldwide.
Best of all, the Technology Spotlight will have cool sessions like these:
- How Smart is Your Dumb Phone? What You Can Do With Low-Cost Mobile Technology.
- Can Technology Deliver Impact as Well as Scale for Youth Programming
- Technology Company Founders on Positive Disruptors
- ELearning and Enhanced Life Skills for Youth Work Readiness
- Using Social Media to Reach and Engage Youth
- Technology Accelerators of Youth Financial Inclusion
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today to join your peers at the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference.
- 6 Guidelines for Better Development Outcomes Using Social Media
- Dear Facebook, Google, Microsoft, want to help Africa? Here’s how
- Apply for $140,000 GSMA mWomen Innovation Fund Grants
- USAID Landscape Survey: Mobiles and Youth Workforce Development
- How Can We Use Mobile Devices for Youth Workforce Development?
- Can Internal Crowdfunding Help Companies Surface Their Best Ideas?
Subscribe to our stories
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017
- A Novel Analysis of Mobile Phone Impact on Rural Farmers August 30, 2017