An Exploratory Study of Entrepreneurial Creativity: Its Antecedents and Mediators in the Context of UAE Firms
August 22, 2013 Editor 0
In this study, we attempt to advance our understanding of the role of entrepreneurial creativity in the context of firms in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Through field research accompanied by a review of the related literature, this study identifies crucial antecedents of entrepreneurial creativity. The proposed model combines variables belonging to different contextual factors such as external factors (resource access, resource possession, and alertness to opportunity) and individual factors (creative self-efficacy, expertise and intrinsic motivation). The model is tested using data from a large-scale survey of firms in the UAE. We find that expertise and creative self-efficacy is significantly related to entrepreneurial creativity. The results also reveal that intrinsic motivation and alertness to opportunity are the key mediators between contextual factors and entrepreneurial creativity. The findings of this study present some interesting practical implications to entrepreneurs in order to improve their creative skills.
- Expanding innovation among government leaders in the United Arab Emirates
- Knowledge management initiatives in the United Arab Emirates:a baseline study
- Effective Management over Government Led Research: A Study of Research Institutions in Gambia
- The impact of market-based assets on innovativeness and business performance
- Factors Influencing Creativity in Virtual Design Teams: An Interplay between Technology, Teams and Individuals
- Innovation and growth of small and medium enterprises: role of environmental dynamism and firm resources as moderating variables
Strategies for the discovery and development of anti-diabetic drugs from the natural products of traditional medicines. Drug discovery inspired by mother nature: seeking natural biochemotypes and the natural assembly rules of the biochemome.
Subscribe to our stories
- Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program September 22, 2017
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017