Calling all mobile industry entrepreneurs
August 12, 2013 Editor 0
infoDev, a team within FPD, is committed to supporting promising entrepreneurs.
At infoDev, we’re fortunate to work with exciting technology startups in emerging and frontier markets every day. One of the questions we ask ourselves frequently is whether a startup team could achieve high-growth if it weren’t for the barriers they face that are specific to their local environments. These could include anything from a lack of experienced role-models and mentors, to inadequate early-stage financing, to challenging regulatory environments and the lack of an interconnected innovation ecosystem.
- A New ‘How-To’ Guide for Creating Angel Investor Groups for Emerging and Frontier Markets
- Inside the tech hub movement: In-depth lessons from a global mobile entrepreneurship initiative
- India, Malaysia share experiences how to support start-up SMEs
- Six Things You Need to Know About Crowdfunding in Developing Countries
- A Global Challenge: Can We Achieve Financial Inclusion by 2020?
- Value Chains and me: It’s more than just fashion
Categories: World Bank PSD
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017