When monetizing a digital service, these are the commissions you can ask per industry.
May 27, 2013 Editor 0
The transition from offline to online business models is a strategic challenge for many companies. How do you design a digital revenue model and how to set your price in this new world? Unfortunately there are no easy answers but we can make the quest easier. On a regular basis we aggregate parts of the research we gather for our innovation consulting projects. For this occasion we’ve looked at the average fees that digital platforms are claiming. Is the 2.9% fee paypal asks reasonable? Apple might take a 30% cut on every sale on iTunes but in the domain of photography this is a relative low commission. There we see 50%-80% rakes. Stunning numbers indicating that this domain is open for disruption, but more on that later.
Enjoy this benchmark and feel free to share your ideas in the comments!
Categories: Business Model
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017