When monetizing a digital service, these are the commissions you can ask per industry.
May 27, 2013 Editor 0
The transition from offline to online business models is a strategic challenge for many companies. How do you design a digital revenue model and how to set your price in this new world? Unfortunately there are no easy answers but we can make the quest easier. On a regular basis we aggregate parts of the research we gather for our innovation consulting projects. For this occasion we’ve looked at the average fees that digital platforms are claiming. Is the 2.9% fee paypal asks reasonable? Apple might take a 30% cut on every sale on iTunes but in the domain of photography this is a relative low commission. There we see 50%-80% rakes. Stunning numbers indicating that this domain is open for disruption, but more on that later.
Enjoy this benchmark and feel free to share your ideas in the comments!
Categories: Business Model
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018