Forming Mechanisms and Structures of a Knowledge Transfer Network: Theoretical and Simulation Research
March 6, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – This paper aims to analyze the exchange and reciprocal mechanism behind individual knowledge transfer activities as well as their impact on the individual knowledge transfer networks.Design/methodology/approach – The authors conducted a theoretical and simulation research. Agent-based technology is employed to construct an agent dynamics agent-based model that simulates and explains how an individual initiates the evolution of a knowledge network through knowledge transfer activities.
Findings – The results demonstrate that the two mechanisms can improve the knowledge levels of the network members; the exchange mechanism is more efficient as it can improve the values of both sides. Individual knowledge transfer networks evolve from random networks to small-world networks.Research limitations/implications – The research model must include of more variables.Computer simulation research will be cross confirmed by other research methods in future studies.Practical implications – Individual Knowledge transfer networks form and subsequently evolve as a result of social interaction. Our research findings will contribute to the policy making for knowledge management in organizations.Originality/value – Little has been published about the dynamics of individual knowledge transfer networks. The authors believe that they are the first to analyze the internal mechanisms behind individual knowledge transfer activities and test them with agent-bsed technologies.
Go to Source
- Visualisation of the organisation knowledge structure evolution
- Structuring knowledge transfer from experts to newcomers
- Visualisation of the Organisation Knowledge Structure Evolution
- Structural social capital and innovation. Is knowledge transfer the missing link?
- Understanding and Managing Knowledge Loss
- Understanding and managing knowledge loss
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Key lessons for policymakers from China’s financial inclusion experience April 24, 2018
- Can blockchain disrupt gender inequality? April 24, 2018
- Business incubation a means for effective business development April 24, 2018
- A network approach to growing green entrepreneurship April 24, 2018
- What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project April 24, 2018