Open Innovation Challenges
December 10, 2012 Editor 0
The AllAfrica website posted an article noting that open innovation has been gathering force in recent years, however, there are also challenges and risks involved in making open innovation work. There are four key challenges when implementing open innovation. 1. The mindset challenge: how do you ensure that open innovation wins the hearts and minds of personnel? 2. The intellectual property challenge: how do you make money of intellectual property that your company does not put to commercial use? 3 The tools challenge: how do you make optimal use of tools that support open innovation? 4 The management challenge: how do you ensure that the correct management processes support company staff in their open innovation efforts?
Click here to read the full article.
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017