Generative team learning in Web 2.0 environments
December 10, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to examine how teams work and learn in Web 2.0 environments. Web 2.0 technologies enable geographically dispersed teams to work in synchronous and nonsynchronous modes of interaction in dynamic, self-directed ways, within and across team boundaries, thereby avoiding some of the limitations of earlier generations of electronic communication.
Design/methodology/approach – The paper explores how Web 2.0 technologies that are user-controlled and team-driven allow multiple modes of communication and team member active learning. Cases and an examination of team web-based work processes and learning outcomes are examined. Findings – Web 2.0 functionality differs from traditional, primarily face-to-face modes of work and learning. Web 2.0 technologies can promote generative learning processes in which team members are open to new ideas, explore new ways of interacting, and apply their learning. Practical implications – Potential outcomes are the emergence of emotional intelligence in on-line settings, virtual communities of practice, and innovative results. Originality/value – The paper offers directions for research as well as ways to lead productive virtual teams and support continuous learning, at the individual and team level.
Go to Source
- A conceptual framework of generative customization as an approach to product innovation and fulfillment
- Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
- Can The Implementation Of E-Learning Technologies Help To Address Learning Challenges? Evidence From A Small Island University
- What Is Good e-Learning?
- EmTech Preview: Another Way to Think about Learning
- Preparing the Poor and Vulnerable for Digital Jobs
Subscribe to our stories
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018
- Three years in a row: Mauritania continues to excel in its Doing Business performance May 27, 2018
- Africa RISING farming technologies reach 60,000 households in Ethiopia May 27, 2018
- 7 questions to ask before you launch an enterprise blockchain project May 27, 2018