Applications for Green Memberships for 2013 Open Now!
December 2, 2012 Editor 0
The iHub is proud to announce the reopening of applications for green membership. This will be our third cohort, and we’re excited to go into 2013 with a brand new community of techies.
It’s been a very busy year for us at the iHub. This time last year we had a virtual community of about 5,400 members. We currently have about 9,700 members (and growing). iHub Research, which was set up last year, is setting the pace with some much-needed tech research on Africa; and we’ve added iHub Consulting, iHub UX Lab and iHub Cluster to the iHub family in a bid to not just give space to tech entrepreneurs, but to build an entire ecosystem in which techies can learn, thrive and grow. Even Pete’s Coffee has grown over the past year, opening up a new restaurant on the ground floor of Bishop Magua Centre!
We’re looking forward to going into 2013 in a big way – with a vibrant community from which great ideas, sustainable businesses and next generation leaders will come. Applications for our 250 green member slots open now, and we’re looking for the best with whom we can build a strong, vibrant community in 2013.
Entrepreneurs, freelancers, creatives, developers – if you’re working on a tech-related project and need co-working space and a good internet connection in order to be effective, apply now. We’re offering all of this as well as access to strong networks, training opportunities, connections to funding opportunities, an incredible community of peers and mentors, and the best coffee around.
NOTE: All the current green memberships have been purged back to white on the iHub website. This means that if you are currently a green member, you have to reapply. We will retain up to 25% of existing members, so if you’re reapplying you’ll need to state your case for why you should continue to use the space.
The application deadline is Sunday 9th December 2012 at 11:59pm. Upon successful application, the new membership will be valid from 1st January 2013.
Apply here (login required).
For queries on the above, kindly email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Session with David, Microsoft: How to scale your business beyond borders
- IBM Research – Africa @ Nairobi Research Buzz
- Design thinking for water challenged rural communities
- Turning Great Ideas into a Business
- Transform Idea into a Product | Steve Rogers
- Call for Application Deadline Extended – Growing IT Entrepreneurs Program
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017