Economic Growth Sustaining Under Environmental Sustainability and Human Development. A Global Challenge
November 27, 2012 Editor 0
This paper treats the sustainable development concept, which aims to support economic growth in terms of environmental sustainability and human development.
For that purpose the paper shows the concept of sustainable development’ origins and enlargement, the transition from the economic development paradigm to the sustainability paradigm as is seen through the three sustainability’ dimensions (economic, social and environmental). It is made an analysis of environmental and business sustainability in the context of economic development, due to the fact that sustainable development comprises environmental protection, and environmental protection is a determinant of sustainable development. Without the environment protection, there is no sustainability. As a conclusion, the implementation of the environmental strategies in organizations should be a policy priority in order to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Go to Source
- Applying the principles of sustainable development in the leather industry in Morocco: tannery case
- Implicit Taxation of Agriculture: The Cause of Development Failure in Egypt
- It is time for a learning revolution in Africa
- Sustainable Business Initiatives Will Fail Unless Leaders Change Their Mindset
- A paradigm shift for SMEs: Leveraging sustainability as a driver for innovation
- Exploring the ineffectiveness of government policy on entrepreneurship in Nigeria
Subscribe to our stories
- Key lessons for policymakers from China’s financial inclusion experience April 24, 2018
- Can blockchain disrupt gender inequality? April 24, 2018
- Business incubation a means for effective business development April 24, 2018
- A network approach to growing green entrepreneurship April 24, 2018
- What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project April 24, 2018