African MPs urged to leverage policies that promote science, technology and innovation
November 1, 2012 Editor 0
ECA Press Release 168/2012
Cairo, 18 October 2012 (ECA) – Senior ECA and AUC officials on Wednesday 17 October joined Egypt’s Minister of Scientific Research Prof. Nadia Zakhary, to urge more than 50 parliamentarians from across Africa to begin a crusade for national policies that promote science, technology and innovation as the bedrocks of the continent’s sustainable development. The recommendation was made during the first training workshop for members of the African Inter-Parliamentary Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation (AIPF-STI) that ran for two days in Egypt’s chief city – Cairo.
- Africa can profit from the US$500 billion global Business Process Outsourcing boom – says ECA’s Opoku-Mensah
- Participants at the ICT/BPO International Conference welcome the 2013 IPA as a major initiative recognizing African Innovation
- First Biomedical Engineering Innovators Summer School gets Underway
- Explore Nairobi
- Innovation: Applying Knowledge in Development
- Does your country have a National Information and Communication Infrastructure Plan?
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018