What are the Innovations in Mobile Technology for Youth Workforce Development?
October 12, 2012 Editor 0
RSVP now for Innovations in Mobile Technology for Youth Workforce Development, Monday, October 15, from 9:00 am-12:30 pm EDT.
We’ll have a stimulating and participatory discussion around how innovations can promote greater inclusion of marginalized populations and explore areas where innovations are (or could be) occurring in the mYWD space.
Some of the questions we’ll address include:
- How do workforce development programs address different forms of exclusion? And how do different forms of exclusion affect our approaches to youth and workforce development programming?
- What do innovation and ‘disruption’ mean in the context of mobile technologies and youth workforce development? What are some different frameworks for thinking about innovation?
- What role might mobile technologies play in increasing access to information and work/entrepreneurial opportunities for young people?
- Where are there opportunities for innovation with mobile technologies in YWD? What are some examples?
- What are some other areas/sectors that we can learn from and build on?
Joining us will be Philip Auerswald, author of The Coming Prosperity: How Entrepreneurs are Transforming the Global Economy and co-editor of the Innovations: Technology, Globalization, Governance Journal; Nick Martin, President and CEO of Tech Change; John Zoltner, Director, Information Technology Application at FHI360; and a host of development and technology practitioners working in mobiles and youth workforce development (mYWD) and related fields. The event will be facilitated by Linda Raftree.
In-person space is limited, so please RSVP now by emailing Matthew French at MFrench@jbsinternational.com. If you are not able to participate in person, please contact Matthew by October 11 for details on joining the session online.
Innovations in Mobile Technology for Youth Workforce Development
Monday, October 15, 2012
9:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
FHI 360 Conference Center
1825 Connecticut Avenue NW 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
See map: Google Maps
- How Can We Use Mobile Devices for Youth Workforce Development?
- 5 Steps to Social Innovation with ICT
- Guess Which Communications Platform Youth Prefer Today?
- 8 Considerations for Better Mobile Learning Solutions for Women
- How Can Mobile Services Improve Youth Employment Opportunities?
- Bask in the Technology Spotlight at the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018