Organizational innovation and its effects
October 4, 2012 Editor 0
Organizational innovation, its persistence, its relationship with technological innovation, and their influence on firm performance remain under-researched. These issues are investigated using an integrated firm-level data set obtained from two recent waves of the Norwegian Community Innovation Survey (CIS 3 and 4) and firms’ financial accounts.
A Heckman two-step estimation, to ensure against potential sample selection bias, was used to demonstrate that between 1999 and 2004 a number of Norwegian firms were persistent in organizational innovation, and this persistence raised the (positive) effects of organizational innovation on their performance. The results also reveal that many firms undertook, and benefited from, different types of organizational innovation, and such benefits were increased by the combinative effect of organizational and technological innovation. The study also found that older and larger firms are more inclined to attempt organizational change, while smaller firms are more able to benefit.
- The differentiated impacts of organizational innovation practices on technological innovation persistence
- The moderating effect of environmental uncertainty on the relationship between real options and technological innovation in high-tech firms
- Top management team advice-seeking and environmental competitiveness impacts on technological innovation
- ‘Mission-oriented’ strategies to invest in innovation: Competitiveness via an enterprising public sector
- Africa ‘needs to do more to boost innovation’
- Innovation ‘must consider water, energy and land jointly’
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018