Safaricom AppStar Challenge: Call for Submissions
October 1, 2012 Editor 0
Safaricom is creating an opportunity for all technology professionals – Software Developers, Software Architects or students – working and residing in Egypt, Lesotho, South Africa, Qatar, Kenya & Tanzania to put forth their ideas, build that wonderful app and prove their mettle.
“AppStar” is a unique mobile app contest where you get to showcase your talent by building, uploading and distributing apps across emerging markets in Africa & Middle East. You get to win cash rewards & exciting prizes by competing with developers across these markets. More than $57,000 and 125 early bird prizes are up for grabs.
Local prizes for Kenyan entrants:
1) Grand Prize Ksh 1,000,000
2) Runners Up Ksh 500,000
3) Category Winner Ksh 100,000
More information and registration information here.
- The Ten Most Innovative Companies In Africa
- As smartphone wars heat up: Africa Techies beware of the App distraction to your business
- Time to let loose? Why lawmakers should ease up on mobile banking rules
- Celebrate the IDEOS vs. Samsung $100 Smartphone Price War in Kenya
- How We Did It: Invested Development’s Sean Smith on Convincing Safaricom to Launch the AppWiz Challenge.
- Kenya: Safaricom to Process Rent Payments Through “Lipa Kodi Na M-Pesa”
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017