Mike Macharia, CEO of Seven Seas Technologies |
October 1, 2012 Editor 0
Michael Macharia is a qualified Chartered Accountant /CPA and the Founder and CEO of the Seven Seas Technologies (SST) group, which he founded at the young age of 25years. Michael was also recognized as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Kenyans transforming the country in business.
Michael has attended numerous management development courses all over the world and is also Executive Management Alumni of Strathmore University/IESE Business School – Barcelona, Spain. He is also a member of YPO (Young Presidents Organization, Kenya Chapter).
From humble beginnings SST Group has grown from a tech start-up to a major respected corporate in the African technology arena, and has received several accolades for excellence, performance and growth and has major customers including the region’s largest telco, companies, banks and government institutions.
Michael, who is passionate about technology and ways that technology can be used to transform Africa in the way we live, work, play & govern, has overseen the company’s expansion to several countries in Africa. Through his organization, Michael has been able to give back to the community through the sponsorship of the Knowledge for Life Initiative, which is a program focused on enabling students understand and get career direction. This initiative then moves to assist the students later to secure jobs and start entrepreneurial careers. K4life mobilizes the SST staff to mentor young students who may not have a supportive environment or family. Today K4Life is evolving to K4LIFE Foundation, focused on being a talent accelerator .
Michael is also an art & architecture enthusiast, and has medium‐term plans of building an African venture capital that will be involved in technology start-up companies that will redefine the African technology market through convergence of relevant technology and society. Michael also serves as the Founding Curator for the Kenya Chapter of the World Economic Forum (WEF), Global Shapers Community .
Michael is married to Consolata Macharia and they have a baby son Leo.
About Seven Seas Technologies
Seven Seas Technologies is a leading provider of integrated business and technology solutions across Africa in the financial, telecom, real estate and service industries, as well as government, in partnership with Global Technology Industry leaders and collaborative synergies with Domain & Technology centric ecosystem Partners. We deliver business value to customers through a combination of process excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery innovation. Our core motivation is defining Service Excellence in Technology driven business solutions. Today Seven Seas has offices in Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and is currently establishing Ghana, Nigeria & Portugal offices, employing over 140 People .
- Valuation For African Startups | 4th September 2012 | iHub Everyone’s talking about Kenya’s technology start-up scene. Just a few…
- Louis Otieno Fireside Chat at the iHub On the 21st of June, The iHub will be hosting…
- #Biashara – Business Lessons From the University Of Hard Knocks | iHub | 5th September 2012 – Guest post by Conrad Akunga (Roomthinker). About a month…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017