Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
September 24, 2012 Editor 0
Conformance to social context while designing an e-learning course is crucial in enhancing acceptability of the course. Building socially aware e-learning courses requires elicitation of social opinion from various stakeholders associated with the system. Stakeholders are disparate in their perception towards the intricacies of the system, leading to generation of numerous assorted ideas.
Knowledge Management (KM) assimilates these ideas to bring congruency into the system. This paper proposes i) a model KMeLS (Knowledge Management in e-Learning Systems) built upon the SECI (Socialization, Externalization, Combination and Internalization) framework, and ii) an algorithm PARSeL (Prioritizing Alternatives using Recommendations of Stakeholders in e-Learning) to incorporate KM into designing an e-learning course. PARSeL prioritizes the content using stakeholder recommendations using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and fuzzy modeling. A case study is also presented with a goal of prioritizing a set of programming languages for an online computing course. The proposed methodology can be promising in recommending appropriate content for the e-learners and can be implemented to benefit e-learning organizations in a wider spectrum.
Read the original here: Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems Through Knowledge Management
- What Is Good e-Learning?
- EmTech Preview: Another Way to Think about Learning
- Supporting creativity through knowledge integration during the creative processes. A management control system perspective
- Visualisation of the Organisation Knowledge Structure Evolution
- Teams as a Process for Knowledge Management
- Generative team learning in Web 2.0 environments
Categories: Knowledge Management
Tags: accounting/finance, analytic, Building Socially-Aware E-Learning Systems, designing an e-learning course, Knowledge Management, Learning, parsel, prioritizes, process, recommendations, social, system
Subscribe to our stories
- Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program September 22, 2017
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017