Winners of m2work Hackathon Announced
September 18, 2012 Editor 0
The M2Work Hackthon came to an end with crowning of four teams as winners on Sunday evening. The global event was conducted across the five m:Labs in the world. In Kenya, participants came up with 10 ideas, forming 10 teams. The teams concentrated on developing their ideas to prototypes overnight, with mentorship sessions being held periodically for insight purposes.After the hacking period came to an end, the teams did brief demos of their working prototypes to the judges, after which they pitched against each other for the top prizes.
The winning teams of the M2Work Hackathon are:
1st Prize :Tafsiri
Tafsiri is a solution that aims to provide companies or organizations translation of specific information to the language of the local community, creating employment to multitudes. The team won prize money of Kshs 100,000.
2nd Prize: Smart Blackboard
Smart Blackboard is a solution that allows students to pose questions while doing their homework or preparing for tests and receive answers from qualified teachers. The team won prize money of Kshs 70,000.
3rd Prize: MobiAgent
MobiAgent is a solution that gives its user the ability to be an agent and get commission every time he/she sells a product e.g. event tickets to people on his/her phone contacts. The team won prize money of Kshs 40,000.
4th Prize: Kaisari
A compliance and authenticity monitoring system that enables organizations and/or individuals to track down fake products and/or non-compliant individuals. The team won prize money of Kshs 30,000.
From all the participating teams in the hackathon, two still have a chance of receiving traction fund worth USD 2,000 each, if they demonstrate interest and potential to develop their prototypes to finished products.
More information about the judges and the judging criteria may be found in a previous blog article here. More information about the products of the 10 competing teams at the hackathon may be found in a previous blog article here. More information about the hackathon that was organized simultaneously in 5 parts of the world may be found on the central portal here
We wish to congratulate the winners and to all the participants for coming up with brilliant and promising ideas. Let us bring the concept of mobile microwork to life.
- m2Work Hackathon In order to bring mobile microwork ideas into life and…
- m2work Hackathon | Sept 15-16 2012 In order to bring mobile microwork ideas into life and…
- Pivot East Winners Announced Crossposted from PivotEast The PivotEast competition came to an end…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
- m2Work Hackathon builds apps, communities
- Announcing the Winners of the 2013 Centennial Innovation Challenge
- Ten Reasons Winners Keep Winning, Aside from Skill
- Google Hackathon Challenge
- INSPIRED BY BRILLIANCE! | An observer’s notes on ODDC 2012.
- Final report released on how base of the pyramid (BoP) Kenyans use mobile phones
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018