Will your industry be transformed by open innovation?
September 15, 2012 Editor 0
The Smart Planet website notes that managers should consider how the use of open innovation will guide what percentage of their future business processes will be considered proprietary and what percentage is likely to become commonplace (aka much more cost-effective). Could the so-called open source model allow companies to use more commonplace technologies or practices throughout their operations for certain processes — enabling them to devote more investment or innovation resources to areas the might become market differentiators?
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017