Biosciences key to Africa feeding itself–Calestous Juma
September 1, 2012 Editor 0The International Livestock Research Institute website features an interview with Calestous Juma, director of the Science, Technology and Globalization Project at the John F Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, during the Bio-Innovate official launch in Nairobi on 16 march, 2011.In the interview, Juma, an eminent Kenyan bioscientist, says that biosciences offer many regions in Africa an opportunity to produce surplus food for the first time.Watch the short (2-minute) filmed interview of Calestous Juma by ILRI: Biosciences will be the key that allows Africa to feed itself, March 2011.
- Working with strategic partners to strengthen Bio-Innovate Program implementation in eastern Africa
- First bio-innovate regional scientific conference
- Project 6 makes strides in diversification and commercialization of sorghum and millet value added products.
- Makerere University on the forefront of delivering bioscience innovations
- Bio-Innovate’s cassava, potato, and sweet potato consortium project on course to deliver sustainable innovative seed delivery systems in the eastern Africa
- Bio-Innovate produces new and elite sweetpotato clones for smallholder famers to mitigate climate change
Bio-Innovate’s cassava, potato, and sweet potato consortium project on course to deliver sustainable innovative seed delivery systems in the eastern Africa Using Market Research Just for Marketing Is a Missed Opportunity
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017