Opportunity Recognition in Social Entrepreneurship: A Thematic Meta Analysis
August 24, 2012 Editor 0
Opportunity recognition (OR) is at the very heart of entrepreneurship. However, research on OR in the context of social entrepreneurship is still in its early stages. First, this article identifies, codifies and analyses OR-relevant articles on social entrepreneurship (SE) through the lens of Sarasvathy’s three views of entrepreneurial opportunity recognition. In the second step, statistical methods are applied on the results to indicate possible correlations among different schools of thought in SE and views on OR. OR in social ventures is found to be a prevalent topic in SE literature and differences in OR between social and commercial ventures are found.
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs
- The Encyclical Letter (Caritas in Veritate)–A Shout-out to Social Entrepreneurship?
- Designing social entrepreneurship education
- Social entrepreneurship, age and gender: toward a model of social involvement in entrepreneurship
- Exploring Stewardship as an Antecedent Behavioural Trait of Social Entrepreneurs
- Defining social entrepreneurship: a Schumpeterian non-solution
Patent-based investment funds as innovation intermediaries for SMEs: In-depth analysis of reciprocal interactions, motives and fallacies Markets for standardized technologies: Patent licensing with principle of proportionality
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018