Innovation key to progressing SA to high-income status – Manuel
August 16, 2012 Editor 0
Minister in the Presidency Responsible for the Natioanl Planning Commission Trevor Manuel on Wednesday stressed the importance of innovation to progress South Africa from a middle-income country to high-income status.
“Science and technology have and will continue to shape development in ways that open up huge opportunities for humanity in general, including poor countries,” he told Parliament during his handover of the National Development Plan (NDP) 2030 to President Jacob Zuma.
Go to Source
- USAID launches Development Innovation Ventures
- Use innovation to ease inequality in poorer nations, says OECD
- Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
- Innovation prize set to reward African inventors
- Can Open Innovation Help South Africa Solve Its Power Problems?
- Strong university-industry links key to tapping knowledge-economy spin-offs
Subscribe to our stories
- Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program September 22, 2017
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017