Innovation key to progressing SA to high-income status – Manuel
August 16, 2012 Editor 0
Minister in the Presidency Responsible for the Natioanl Planning Commission Trevor Manuel on Wednesday stressed the importance of innovation to progress South Africa from a middle-income country to high-income status.
“Science and technology have and will continue to shape development in ways that open up huge opportunities for humanity in general, including poor countries,” he told Parliament during his handover of the National Development Plan (NDP) 2030 to President Jacob Zuma.
Go to Source
- USAID launches Development Innovation Ventures
- Use innovation to ease inequality in poorer nations, says OECD
- Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
- Innovation prize set to reward African inventors
- Can Open Innovation Help South Africa Solve Its Power Problems?
- Strong university-industry links key to tapping knowledge-economy spin-offs
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018