Calling all Nokia Developers: DEMO Africa Launch Opportunity!
July 20, 2012 Editor 0
If you’re a Nokia Developer here’s a chance to show your exciting idea on a global platform, be it a new product or for those still at idea stage, a business plan.
Companies from all around Africa will get an opportunity to showcase their products to a global audience through DEMO Africa.
DEMO Africa serves as a launching pad for businesses seeking to “Demo” their products on a global platform. Nokia is the platinum sponsor of the DEMO venture showcase in its African debut. DEMO provides innovators and entrepreneurs a platform from which to launch new products, introduce new business plans, and expand into new markets.
According to a press release on it site, :
Originating in the USA, DEMO is the premiere media and financing industries’ showcase for start-ups. Over the past five years, 50 companies launched at DEMO have been acquired by tech giants such as Adobe, Cisco, HP, Google, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Symantec, Viacom, and Yahoo! DEMO-launched companies have raised over US$4.5 billion since their debut.
Following the successful US format, between October 24th and 26th, the first DEMO Africa conference will showcase 40 selected African ventures in front of motivated investors, strategic partners, 100 members of the global media and bloggers, industry influencers, and senior IT buyers. The conference, which will be held in Nairobi, is designed to maximize press engagement and coverage for your proposition.
Apply on http://demo-africa.com/launch and even if your application is not selected, DEMO Africa offers two other ways to take advantage of the program:
- · If your application is still in development, the AlphaPitch program could offer you 90 seconds to pitch your idea or business plan to the DEMO Africa community. http://demo-africa.com/
- · If your application is already launched, apply to the DEMO Africa Showcase where your product and company could be featured in the DEMO Africa Pavilion.
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018