Replicating M-Pesa: Mobile and Cloud Technology Spur Innovation in Financial Inclusion
July 15, 2012 Editor 0
Mobile technology and cloud computing are opening doors for low-income individuals and rural communities to financial services. High transaction costs and poor infrastructure have traditionally kept formal banks from serving the BoP. Today, firms like M-Pesaand Ekgaon are paving the way for affordable banking products tailored to the needs of the BoP.
- Movirtu’s Plan for 4 Million ‘Cloud Phone’ Users by 2013
- How Can We Make Cloud Solutions Relevant in the Offline World?
- Time to let loose? Why lawmakers should ease up on mobile banking rules
- Why a unified database of mobile users could mean an economic boom in Africa
- Are Lasers the Key to Cheap, Cloud-Based Internet?
- How a Mobile Airtime Vendor Became Zimbabwe’s Fastest-Growing Bank
Categories: Next Billion
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018