Africa’s New Engine
December 7, 2011 Editor 0
Cell phone use has grown faster in Africa than in any other region of the world since 2003….Of course, South Africa—the most developed nation—still has the highest penetration, but across Africa, countries have leapfrogged technology, bringing innovation and connectivity even to remote parts of the continent, opening up mobile banking and changing the way business is done.
- Surprise! Guess Which Country is 2nd for Mobile Money Globally?
- Africa: Student Inventors Win U.S. Funds to Bring Ideas to Market
- Africa: iCreate Announces Regional Hub in Dubai
- A Great Success: World Bank has a 70% failure rate with ICT4D projects to increase universal access
- South African defence industry moves to collaborate at home and abroad to thrive
- France helping South Africa with high-end skills development
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018