Africa’s New Engine
December 7, 2011 Editor 0
Cell phone use has grown faster in Africa than in any other region of the world since 2003….Of course, South Africa—the most developed nation—still has the highest penetration, but across Africa, countries have leapfrogged technology, bringing innovation and connectivity even to remote parts of the continent, opening up mobile banking and changing the way business is done.
- Surprise! Guess Which Country is 2nd for Mobile Money Globally?
- Africa: Student Inventors Win U.S. Funds to Bring Ideas to Market
- Africa: iCreate Announces Regional Hub in Dubai
- A Great Success: World Bank has a 70% failure rate with ICT4D projects to increase universal access
- South African defence industry moves to collaborate at home and abroad to thrive
- France helping South Africa with high-end skills development
Subscribe to our stories
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017
- A Novel Analysis of Mobile Phone Impact on Rural Farmers August 30, 2017