Pivot 25 Finalist: Tusqee Systems Wins 25,000 Euros at IPO48 Nairobi
August 18, 2011 Editor 0
The winner of the IPO48 Nairobi 2011 is Tusqee Systems.
Their idea to revolutionize the way more than 35,000 primary & secondary schools in Kenya interact with parents by providing them with cheap, simple and interactive tools that not only let parents query for exam results, fees balances and fees statements but also allow schools to converse with parents and other stakeholders via SMS.
You can see more about them in their Friday night pitch below:
According to their HumanIPO profile, everybody’s a winner: schools enjoy 80% cuts in their communication budgets, reliability & efficiency while we get to make money via sale of the software & SMS credits.
Ghafla! are aiming to be the go-to source for local entertainment content and digital downloads from East Africa. Their video pitch is below:
And 6ix Degrees with their pitch below with their contacts-address book backup apps and an intelligent directory that uses six degrees of separation to share and create new relationships.
According to HumanIPO CEO Kresten Buch, the winners will get investment and office space in a new hub that will house Ghafla, Tusqee, 6ix Degrees as well as two other HumanIPO investments Drugs.co.ke and Futaa.
What do you think of the winners and the competition? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018